Meditation helps find inner peace.
Happiness is not something out there or something that one needs to do. It’s inside you. Happiness is a state of mind. It takes persistence. We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.
In this busy world, we all search for inner peace. Inner peace is the answer to stress-free life and happiness. It can be said that meditation is a way of achieving the inner peace we all desire.
Here are a few steps that could help you find your inner peace:
- Firstly, find somewhere quiet where you will not be disturbed for a while. Mediation takes time and patience. Somewhere you are familiar with will help you feel more relaxed.
- Make sure you sit comfortably with a good posture. It is said the lotus position with your legs folded is a good position or you may wish to kneel.
- Ensure you cup your hands together and lightly touch your thumbs together. Have your hands resting on your lap with your palms facing upwards.
- Breathing is an important factor, observe your breath through your nose and lips. Slow deep breaths.
- You may start to have thoughts coming into your mind, don’t dwell on them, return to your breathing and let the thoughts come and go.
- Continue this for ten to twenty minutes, you will feel your mind and body relaxing.
If you continue to use this method everyday you will begin to feel inner peace. Start in the morning and have your peace last throughout the day.
We all deserve to be happy, everyone worries however it isn’t going to change anything except for our own happiness. Breathe deeply, the thought is there and will soon be gone. Don’t hold on to it, breathe it in and let it go.